Beauty sleep is more than skin deep
Do you know just how important a good night’s sleep is for your health? We’re highlighting ways to help you create healthy sleep hygiene to increase your sense of wellbeing leading to better mood, concentration and glowing skin.
We understand that getting a good night of quality sleep can be frustratingly difficult, but following the guidance below can help you drift off a little easier.
How do I get a good night’s sleep?
- Create a consistent sleep schedule, going to bed at the same time and setting an alarm to wake the at the same time in the evening.
- Make your bedroom a relaxing environment with low lighting, a comfortable temperature and relaxing music or audio books.
- Exercise regularly in fresh air and in sunlight where possible.
- Reduce stress levels using relaxation techniques such as meditation or activity that allows you to distract from daily pressures.
- Avoid or limit caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol.
- Eat a healthy diet with a wide variety of fresh produce and avoiding processed food where possible. Avoid spicy or fatty foods before bedtime.
- Remove electronic devices from the bedroom and avoid using them an hour before sleep.
- Set the temperature of your room between 16-18° C for a comfortable night’s sleep.
- Be consistent, it may take some time for your body to adjust but persevere.
Can skincare support a restful sleep?
Our Midnight Oil Concentrate is a great addition to your night-time routine and a truly holistic ritual. Simply apply 2-3 drops into your palms before applying to your skin, hold your hands over your nose and take three deep inhalations. Carefully selected essential oils including sandalwood, ylang-ylang and Lavender combine to calm your body and mind. Press the oil into your skin and gently massage using your fingertips across the face neck and décolleté.
Finally apply a nourishing night cream to lock in essential moisture and the potent actives whilst you sleep such as our Hydrating Night Cream to comfort and replenish your skin without greasy residue.